2nd floor (North) - Reference collection, Reference desk, LIBRARIANS, Internet computers, Group Study Rooms
2nd floor (South) - Library Instruction classrooms
3rd floor - Circulating collection (check out books & media), Circulation desk, Group Study Rooms
4th floor - Library McAllister Collection & Performance Area, Group Study Rooms, Quiet Study Area, Reserve collection, Reserve desk, Interlibrary Loan, GET CHANGE & PAY FINES $$
5th floor - Library Faculty & Staff Offices, Acquisitions, Discoverying
As a social worker, crisis intervention comes with the territory. You will surely be faced with situations that will require you to expedite a client’s connection to help. In these types of situations, you will want to act swiftly and confidently.
Working in groups of 4-5, please review the following 5 crisis situations and identify 2 local resources you might collaborate with to support a client in the future. You may be as broad in your thinking as you wish.
You will turn in one paper and are responsible for organizing yourselves into groups. The paper should be written APA. If you need help, visit the writing center in Gonzales Hall.
Please provide an overview of the problem: demonstrate understanding of the problem by offering an overview of the client impact as well as information regarding the prevalence in Bexar County and/or Texas and US. Please follow your overview with the local agency information addressing:
1. Child Abuse
2. Family Violence
1. For each issue area (5), provide 2 local resources. "Who helps with this?" It could be city, state, federal, faith-based or non-profit organizations that provide support.
2. Provide a brief overview of the services they provide. "What can clients expect?"
3. For each issue, contacts 1 of the agencies listed and identify yourself as a student. Ask them to support your learning by responding to the following:
• In general, what are that agency's priorities when helping clients?
• What is their largest source of referrals? In other words, how do clients get to them?
• What agencies do they have the closest referral relationship with? What resources do they refer clients to outside their agency?