The college has a responsibility to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified students with disabilities for all educational programs. To ensure access to the book stacks and other library resources and services, students may make arrangements through the disABILITY Support Services Office 210-486-0020 to schedule an appointment for assistance.
The Moody Learning Center, a 7-story building that that houses the Library, is located on the eastern edge of the campus near the parking areas. Campus map
- Parking reserved for persons with physical disabilities can be found along the edge of Lot 16 just east of the Moody building.
- A ramp leads from the parking area/loading zone to the second floor entrance of the Moody Learning Center.
- Additional ramps are located on the other three sides of the building.
- The Moody building has 3 elevators that reach all 7 floors. An escalator operates between the 2nd and 7th floors.
Library Service Areas and Collections are located on 3 floors of the Moody Learning Center:
- on the second floor, Room 200 is the Reference/Information center - the Reference Service Desk is staffed by librarians, the print Reference Collection is found here, available for use are 38 computers, printing facilities, copiers, 6 group study rooms, study carrels, plus equipment and software for use by blind, visually disabled, and learning disabled students. Computer workstations in this area are wheelchair accessible.
- on the third floor, in Room 308, you will find the Library's Circulating Collection, the Circulation Service Desk, 6 group study rooms, 2 copiers, comfortable seating, and study carrels
- on the fourth floor, in Room 409, the Reserve Collection and Interlibrary Loan services can be found, including a staffed service desk, 6 group study rooms, tables and chairs, and 2 copiers.
The Library's electronic resources, including the online catalog and databases, are accessible through the internet via the Library's home page .
Assistive Devices and Software located in the Reference/Information Area (Room 200):
- BookWise/Reading Edge for blind, visually impaired, and learning disabled students to access printed materials.
- JAWS for Windows for blind students to access the Internet and Catalog.
- ZoomText for visually impaired students to access the Internet and Catalog.