TexShare Card Program
- Issuing a TexShare Card to San Antonio College faculty, staff and students.
- Ask the patron for his/her current San Antonio College ID card.
- Scan the card in Millennium to verify they are active/currently enrolled. Check to see if they have any overdue items or fines.
- If the patron has overdue items or fines we cannot issue a TexShare Card.
- If the patron has no overdue items or fines fill out a TexShare Card for them.
- Fully fill in the TexShare Card with their Name, San Antonio College Library as the Issuing Institution, Borrowing Type (faculty, staff, or student), sign your name legibly on the Authorized By line, print their banner ID number on the Borrowers ID Number line, Expiration date is as follows: Faculty and Staff: August 31st. Adjunct Faculty and Students: End of the semester.
- Have the patron sign the back of the card on the signature line.
- Scan the barcode below under “Count Use” In Millennium Circulation.
- Receiving a TexShare card from a patron from another library.
- Ask the borrower for
- The TexShare Card, their current faculty/staff/student ID card or public library card, and a driver’s license.
- Create a new TexShare patron record in Millennium
- Click file and select New Patron
- You will be prompted to enter expiration date, Patron type: (5 SAC TexShare), Email Address, Patron’s Home Library, name (last name, first name), address, telephone number, and TexShare card number.
- You can now check out items to the patron.
Information about the TexShare card