Students will understand how to create a flexible search strategy for an assignment
S.1. Utilize divergent (brainstorming) and convergent (e.g., selecting the best source) thinking when searching;
S. 2. match information needs and search strategies to appropriate search tools; and
S. 3. use different types of searching language appropriately.
K. 1. Realize that information sources vary greatly in content and format and have varying relevance and value, depending on the needs and nature of the search; and
K. 2. recognize the value of browsing and persistence.
1. Take out a sheet of paper and write your major or career choice at the top of the page.
2. Brainstorm the Five Ws that pertain to your topic.
3. Discuss 5 Ws with your neighbor.
4. Using your 5Ws, what keywords will be valuable in searching for sources on your topic?
5. Search your topic in one of the Tools using your keywords.
6. Find one book and one article that may be relevant to your research and email it to yourself.
Library databases require a login from off-campus!
What does the login page look like?