Each instruction class is tailored to the subject, topics, and assignment identified by the classroom instructor. The classes will teach students how to:
- Develop a questioning approach to identify their information need
- Determine a research strategy for their assignment
- Evaluate sources relevant to their topic.
Library instruction classes are held in MLC 209 and MLC 208 on the 2nd floor of the Moody Learning Center. Online students can schedule a meeting with the Distance Learning Librarian, Celita Avila, via Collaborate.
- Library Instruction classes are taught by appointment only and may be scheduled for any regular class meeting time.
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, requests must be submitted one week prior to the date requested.
- During the Summer semesters, requests must be submitted a minimum of three working days prior to the date requested.
- A library instruction class will not be scheduled or taught if the faculty member or substitute does not attend the instruction class.
- Student learning outcomes are assessed for each class. For more on these outcomes, see LI Outcomes & Assessment.