Each instruction class is tailored to the subject, topics, and assignment identified by the classroom instructor. The classes will teach students how to:
- Develop a questioning approach to identify their information need
- Determine a research strategy for their assignment
- Evaluate sources relevant to their topic.
Library instruction classes are held in MLC 209 and MLC 208 on the 2nd floor of the Moody Learning Center. Online classes meet with the Distance Learning Librarian, Celita Avila, via Collaborate.
- Library Instruction classes are taught by appointment only and may be scheduled for any regular class meeting time.
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, requests must be submitted one week prior to the date requested.
- During the Summer semesters, requests must be submitted a minimum of three working days prior to the date requested.
- A library instruction class will not be scheduled or taught if the faculty member or substitute does not attend the instruction class.
- Student learning outcomes are assessed for each class. For more on these outcomes, see LI Outcomes & Assessment.