What donations are acceptable for the San Antonio College Library?
- The San Antonio College library accepts gifts of books and items in other formats, as well as gifts of money for the purchase of library materials.
The San Antonio College Library will not accept the following:
- Periodicals (newspapers, magazines, journals)
- Books or items in poor physical condition
Who to contact with book donation questions?
- Please contact the collection development librarian, Tom Bahlinger, with questions regarding donations.
Where to deliver donated items?
- Donated items should be delivered to the library at the Reference Desk located in the Moody Learning Center, Room 200. Please include the completed Gift Acceptance Form with your donation.
What happens to your donated items?
- Donated materials will be forwarded to the librarian responsible for the subjects covered by the items.
- Donated items may be added to the collection at the subject librarian’s discretion or disposed of if they do not meet the standards for selection.
- As a general rule, gift books will be added to the collection based on the same criteria as purchased material.
- The library reserves the right to determine the retention, location, cataloging treatment, and other considerations related to the use or disposition of all gifts.
Does the San Antonio College Library appraise donations?
- The library assumes no responsibility for appraisal of gift items, nor can the library accept items under restricted conditions.