The TexShare Card Program allows SAC students, faculty, and staff to check out books from participating TexShare libraries.
TexShare libraries extend free reciprocal borrowing privileges to each other's students, faculty, and staff.
2. Policies and Procedures.
a. The San Antonio College (SAC) Library participates in the TexShare Card Program.
b. Students, faculty, and staff must obtain a TexShare Card at their home library. SAC students,
faculty, and staff may obtain a TexShare Card at the Reserve Desk in MLC 409 or the Circulation Desk in MLC 308.
They must present a current SAC identification card, have no overdue books, and owe no fines.
c. Students, faculty, and staff who obtain a TexShare Card will:
(1) Present identification as required at the lending library. Note: We require participants from
other TexShare libraries to present the TexShare Card; a current student, faculty, or staff
identification card; and a driver's license.
(2) Observe the regulations of the lending library. Note: We allow participants from other
TexShare libraries 5 items (any combination of print and media) for 14 days. Items may be renewed once.
(3) Return the books in person or by first class, insured mail to the lending library.
(4) Pay charges for books returned late, damaged, or lost.
(5) Surrender the TexShare Card to TexShare library staff, if requested.
d. The TexShare Card expires at the end of the semester for SAC students and on August 31 for SAC faculty and staff.
3. TexShare Cards will be issued at the Reserve Desk in MLC 409 or the Circulation Desk in MLC 308. Refer all students who request TexShare Cards to one the these locations.